This grammar school was located about two miles east of Mooresville. The first
known school in that vicinity was established in 1840 in the southwest corner
of Section 14. In 1869, land was procured in the northeast quarter of
Section 23 for what became Brush College. The first building in the new
location was built of logs and may have been moved from Section 14. What
later became old Highway 36 formed the northern boundary of the school lot.
The school closed in 1930 after which students attended the consolidated school